Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming it's pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. So weird. I wake up and can't move my hands very well and they are painful and numb. As if I needed anything else to make me uncomfortable.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
117 Posts
are they swollen? How is your BP? If yes and high, then get thee to your Dr/MW.
If not, can you see a chiropractor? I had/have same problem with my r hip and chiro/pt seems to really help in alleviating the pain and discomfort

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That's exactly what it sounds like and it SUCKS. I had it start about 2 weeks ago and it's so so bad right now, you're lucky you should have your baby soon.

I've done acupuncture and chiropractic both and it really doesn't help that much. You can sleep in wrist splints but those are uncomfortable too. Honestly the best cure is for our babies to get their little butts here!! I had it to a lesser extent with my last pregnancy and was amazed that within hours the swelling in my hands had gone down to basically nothing. Hoping for the same miracle this time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i had it too in the last month of pregnancy (it has vanished completely since the birth!)

i found that it helped to drink even more water, and cut back on salty foods (nothing processed or packaged) in the evenings.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yep, this is me right now. Toss and turn every night from side to side because they go numb on me.. Thankfully it's just carpel tunnel, everything else has been fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.