Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!
My family and I are going to be moving to one of the Southern Suburbs and I was wondering if anyone had any advise or opinions about any of these areas - Tinley Park, Crestwood and Hazelcrest. We were in Arlington Heights last summer but want to be closer to Michigan this summer. At the moment we are in Florida so I cannot drive through the areas to get a feel. It will only be for 3 months. I have a 16 month old and 5 year old, we like to spend a lot of time outside and going on adventures. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
TINLEY PARK ALL THE WAY!!!

I would avoid Hazel Crest.

Crestwood is not too bad (I live adjacent to there right now) but I prefer Tinley by far.

Tinley Park is a very nice village and has a lot to offer for families.

If you have more questions, feel free to email or PM me. I grew up in this area and have lots of family & friends around here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah I would skip Hazelcrest but Tinley is nice enough and Crestwood is good. Other areas to check out might be Oak Lawn and one of the Paloses (Heights and Park). I used to live over in Richton Park so I've lived in the south burbs my whole life. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions in particular about any of the areas.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Palos Park is $$$$$$$$$$ and I think Palos Heights is overrated.

Orland Park is another nice place to be. I was born and raised in Orland.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There is a big uproar in Crestwood right now about contaminated drinking water, so maybe it's best to avoid it for now.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Agree with Tinley Park, for sure. It's on the Metra line into Chicago with a decent schedule. Crestwood is in deep doodoo for the drinking water scandal, and Hazel Crest is dicey, I think. Orland is the big suburb out there, but they have crappy train service to the city.

Tinley Park. Definitely.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
omg - I grew up in Richton Park too! My Ps still live in Orland. Sorry for the post hijack, but ITA with the OP - Tinley all the way!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Out of those listed, Tinley is best. $$ but better of the 3.

Although I do have friends in Tinley and they were surprised about the goings on in their new subdivision. Their house was nearly $300K if not over, and they thought the neighborhood would be a little better than it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.