Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
My 13 month old is about 3rd percentile according to WHO charts and refuses to eat any solids.
I am breastfeeding about every 20 minutes during the day. She refuses solids. She gags on baby food. I know that she is also sensitive to wheat in my diet and eggs, although I have sporadically cut these out of my diet here and there.

Does anyone else have experience with a non solid eating 13 month old? I am not VERY concerned, but would like reassurance.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I think I might be a little concerned that she's gagging on solids, as that could indicate that she might have sensory sensitivity to textures. Some kids who do benefit from occupational therapy. If you thought that might be the case you could as your pediatrician or call your local Early Intervention office to ask for an evaluation.

All that said, it's not IMO a problem if breastmilk is her main foodsource. As long as she nurses plenty she'll have good nutrition.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
You may want to look into her iron levels. Usually babies outgrow their iron supplies and need more than breastmilk alone can provide some time after 6 months of age (depending on mother's levels during pregnancy, how long it was before the cord was cut at birth etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.