Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get tiny undies for my super skinny 2 year old. She is currently wearing 2t/3t undies and they are sooo baggy on her. All the tiny undies I've found online are about $8+ a pair, but we're really tight on $$$ right now, I'm looking to spend that much on 3 pair if they're out there. I know many of you guys are putting your tiny kids in undies, so if you know a good (cheap) source, please spill! Even a pattern would work... I sew my own diapers so I think I could manage some panties!

On a side note, I went to the doctor's today, and everyone at the doctor's office was shocked to see a barely 2 year old in panties (she was wearing a dress, so everyone knew what she was wearing lol!). I smiled to myself because the goal is to have #2 out of diapers totally by the time she's 18 months at the latest, preferably 12 months. Wouldn't that be a shocker to them! My sister encountered the same thing with her DD, who was pt'ed by the time she was 2. She also had people assume her older boys were still in diapers when they were 3 ("just strip him down to his diaper" in the dr's office). So what IS the average age for total potty training, anyway?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm thinking it would probably be easiest and cheapest to take in the 2T undies she is already wearing. Or get something cheap (the kind of thing you could get at target) and 100% cotton and wash and dry them on hot to shrink them.

My barely 18 lb 13 mo old DD is at the training pants stage. Gerbers trainers have the tiniest little bit of padding and barely absorb anything so they are pretty close to underwear and seem to be the smallest fit we've encountered so far. They make 18-24 month and I wash and dry on hot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts