Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO DS #1 is dying to crochet, I have been LOOKING for a crochet kit to get him started, but umm hello it is all girl stuff
: . Anyone know where there might be a BOY crochet kit I can get?

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I have seen them at discount places like Ross and TJ Maxx, but truth be told, I think you would be better off assembling your own kit. The kits are not a good deal. Plus it's more fun to pick out the things you know he would like (ie, bigger hook if he has little hands, etc). Good luck!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I agree with PP. Kits are not always such a good deal. You can also start tiny ones off with finger crotchet. They just make a chain without using a hook. It's also called finger knitting and it's supposed to be easier than using a tool. Just have him pick out some yarn and give him a hook and a make a scarf for his favorite teddy or something. It'll be just FINE. YOU know this stuff!! You don't need to kit or any instructions.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please, LOL I have tried finger knitting. He is such a butt-head (I say this all with love too) Momma I KNOW how to do it. I want the hook. But I didn't think about talking him into a scarf for his Kitty! Great idea!!!! Thanks

BTW ~ I know, I was being lazy, sigh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.