Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mama's, my 17 month old boy is my youngest out of 5 and he has the most severe seperation anxiety that i have ever seen. I have never been away from him and wanted to go out for a few hours this week and need advice on how to help him with this seperation and how to make it easier on my friend. He knows my friend and has been around her for months, he won't ever go to her though. She is willing to nurse him, which he still does constantly. But when i leave the room he gets really angry and scared and holds his breath. He does this multiple times a day. I am a single mama and never get any breaks and i really feel like i need one and i want to start getting him used to at the very least an hour or two a week so i can have a little space. On top of that i do online schooling and in the fall i have to start on campus so he will have to be babysat during that time. Any advice would be seriously appreciated!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Would he play a game with her? Or does he basically stays up under you for the whole time she is around? With DS when someone starts to play a game he likes or hands him a phone he starts to like them more. I can then sneak out.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,He doesn't engage at all with other adults, kids he will though. Anyone else have advice?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts