Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Any tips for getting a good fit with the Fuzzi Bunz OS? They're about half my stash and they often leak out the legs (sometimes the insert is saturated, but usually not).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS is 8.5 mo and I'd say average weight/height/leg chubbiness. Either I'm not doing the snaps right or they're just not a good fit for us and I need to sell them and find something that works.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I snap the top row all the way so the wings meet in the middle. This might be a little too tight as he does get red marks on his back waist, but anything looser seems too loose. I have no idea what to do with the second row of snaps and usually don't snap them. Even if I do, there's a gap right at the legs there in the front that doesn't lay flat, and pee wicks out of one side or the other onto his clothes, even when the diaper isnt' saturated.</p>

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
<p>I think you need to snap the bottom row also, or you will for sure get leaks around the legs. What settings are your elastics on?  There is a guide on the FB website. I may just hate my Fuzzi Buns OS. Not only do they leak pee and poop, they are so bulky my babe has had a hard time rolling over in them. She's tiny at 6 months and just now do they look like they fit.</p>

·
Registered
399 Posts
<p>We've used FuzziBunz for 9 months now (started when DD was about 4 months old) so I've had a lot of practice. For the OS, you <em>definitely</em> need to snap the bottom row. In order to figure out which elastic adjustments will get you the best fit for your DS, you can start by checking out the FuzziBunz OS chart <a href="http://www.fuzzibunz.com/one_size_diaper.php" target="_blank">here</a>. However, those settings are an average, and you may have to fiddle with the elastics a bit to get a perfect fit. Our DD has always been on the chunkier side, so at this point (13 months old) we have the waist elastics set to 1 (the largest setting), and the leg elastics are at 2 in the front, and 3 at the back. We also snap the top row so that one snap is showing in the front, and we snap the legs at the 3rd snap in from the hip.</p>
<p>Since babies change shape so often as they grow and start getting mobile, you might find that one day the diapers fit great, and the next they're too big/small! Generally, however, once you find a good fit, you shouldn't have to readjust for some weeks/months. Don't give up yet, mama! They're really great diapers once you get the hang of 'em. ;)</p>

·
Registered
528 Posts
<p>I too use FBOS exclusively and love them. We do get leaks occasionally but that usually happens when daycare forgets to tuck in our fleece liners (we have some diaper rash issues around teething and use a fleece liner to protect our FB and still be able to use some diaper creams).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We use snaps 2 & 4 on each side at the top and snap 3 (counting from hip to middle) on both legs. DS is 9 months and right at 20 lbs. We have the waist on the last elastic buttonhole and the legs on either buttonhole 2 or 3 (I'm at work so I cannot check right now). We've been using this snap setting since DS was about 3 months old. When we double stuff for nighttime, we use snap 2 on the legs but the same snap setting on the waist.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We always make a point to snap the leg snaps first, then snap the top row, then make sure the excess material around the legs gets tucked BEHIND the front flaps (sometimes it will sort of bubble and leave a gap if you do not make sure it is flat).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We LOVE our FB and hope you can find the snap/elastic settings that work best for your child too. It took us a couple of trial settings to find what worked but now we have made no adjustments for 6+ months.</p>

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
<p>Hi! I have removed posts that were either in violation of our <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement">User Agreement</a> or quoted posts that were. We expect members to refrain from posting to defame others or in any way create legal issues for MDC, <em>Mothering</em> Magazine or our members:</p>
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">
<div>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;">MDC serves an online community of parents, families, and parent, child and family advocates considering, learning, practicing, and advocating attachment parenting and natural family living. Our discussions concern the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support, information, and community. Mothering invites you to read and participate in the discussions. In doing so we ask that you agree to respect and uphold the integrity of this community. Through your direct or indirect participation here you agree to make a personal effort to maintain a comfortable and respectful atmosphere for our guests and members. Please avoid negative characterizations and generalizations about others to respect the diversity of our online community.</p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;"> </p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;">Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack or in any way which violates the law.</p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;"> </p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;">As a member you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and behavior, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless <i>Mothering</i> Magazine, Inc., MotheringDotCommunity, Huddler, Inc. and their agents with respect to any claim based upon messages. Please be cautious in posting information of a personal nature or anything that might create legal concerns for you or others.</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<p> </p>
<p>So, let's get back to the topic at hand which is tips for getting a good fit with FuzziBunz OS. Thanks for helping skfmama with her concerns!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If anyone has any questions about the User Agreement, this thread or the posts' removal, please email me at [email protected] or PM me. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts