Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I complain a little?

For some reason I have been super tired lately. I get up in the morning and instantly start thinking about when I will be able to nap again

And I'm lazy. Vacuuming, doing laundry, washing the dishes...they all seem like MAJOR tasks that I am too tired to do.

My feet have been so sore. I feel completely flat-footed which I have never felt before. It hurts just standing in the shower with bare feet.

The weather here has been so hot and humid. I don't tolerate hot weather well. I've been sitting in front of the a/c. I get NO exercise because I can't go outside without instantly becoming drenched in sweat. Gross

So, am I being a total wimp, or is it okay to feel like this when you're 34 weeks pregnant? Not to mention, I think our little one is getting a little antsy. She's all wiggly and kicking and turning and just seems really bored in there. Dh keeps telling me I should swallow a pack of cards or something to keep her busy

How are you all holding up?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
About the same as you!
Though we don't have A/C atm, and I have 2 little ones running around needing 542 things a day
:

Baby's definitely liking to jiggle around too....s/he sometimes usses my left hip bone to use as a springboard for his/her feet, while shoving his/her butt out the opposite side....yikes!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Surprisingly I am not really feeling huge yet. HOT, tired & lazy most definatly!!! I ahve started nesting a bit. I certinly have not intrest in cleaning, but I have this need to declutter & organize so I am taking advantage of it when I can manage to get my butt up out of the chair

It is much cooler here than it has been in a while, thank goodness, but now we are having thunder storms so it is HUMID. We've gone from dry/slighty humid 100-115 temps to about 90ish temps & 100% humidity. I am not sure which is worse. Either way I sweat like a man running a marathon while I am sitting still. Atleast this way we don't have to run the a/c 24/7 & can avoid another $650 electric bill
:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to know I'm not the only one...

maciascl-A $650 electric bill?! Yikes!! I hope it cools down for you. It hasn't been quite that hot here, but in the 90's with lots of humidity. No fun...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Heavy, hot, and SO freaking slow moving. I have been getting lots done, but it's at a snail's pace. Don't feel huge really but more heavy. Just luggin my arse around is a major accomplishment these days! Excited! Seeing the place come together in preperation for the little one is making me more motivated to do more... so that's what I do

Oh, and watched my 15 mo neice this weekend. Oh wow, you mommas with toddlers who are pg, I'm impressed! She's a super good kid, but toddlers are B-U-S-Y and I didn't hardly have time to eat! I ate 2 dinners last night after her parents came home because I was so starving...

Going to go plug away again...

Cara

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Oy, I feel you.
I'm SO SLOW right now it's unbelievable. DD takes full advantage of this and always runs ahead of me where I can't go. I can't bend down anymore without seeing stars
: because baby pushes into my lungs and it feels like it cuts off blood supply to my head or something. I can't even put my shoes on.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Feel free to complain as much as needed!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 32wks now and I feel HUGE, people didn't believe me when I told them I was pregnant, even at 28wks, only after that did I start to pop out enough, and somehow from there she had a growth spurt and being built very small and having a (Well what I consider) HUGE stomac is so

I have to admit I have the same problem with always feeling tired, it doesn;t help I also have slight issues sleeping at night :yawning:

I moved into my new house a month ago and still haven't unpacked over half my stuff as I am just too tired....! Although I've cleaned the house about a million times, I have freak cleaning syndrome...
: AKA "The nesting urge".

I haven't done too much exercising but thats cos over here its winter and FREEZING. I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold
Roll on summer I say!!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
It's supposed to hit 100 here tomorrow. Yikes.

My ankles are swelling and my hands are too - I may soon have to abandon my rings for fear of having them cut off instead. The rings, not my fingers.

I'm quite tired. Not feeling huge yet, but I can see that starting to become an emotion I'll be in touch with soon. Especially since some of my maternity pants are starting to get not-so comfy anymore. How did they go from 'way too big' to 'not quite big enough' in a week? Grrr...

And today I feel icky. Don't want to eat anything, and a little fearful I may throw up. I threw up ONCE this PG, at 15 weeks exactly.

Also, every little thing people do seems to irritate me. I'm at work right now, and there's LOTS of irritating people!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maciascl
Atleast this way we don't have to run the a/c 24/7 & can avoid another $650 electric bill
:
OMG! this alone would send me into labor!!! Im always AMAZED at the difference's in city's living expenses!!

Im not feeling huge hardly anymore, just gets annoying not being able to "bend over" , but definately HOT HOT HOT in Alabama..

·
Registered
666 Posts
Haha I'm lucky enough to not have to wear maternity clothes (Fingers crossed anyways!!) And I haven't gotten to the waddling yet... Hopefully it wont happen (Yet.... Once again fingers crossed!) Although I'm really not as fast as I used to be, the whole big stomac definatly impares the movement factor slightly
:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tired, lazy, hot, huge, check check check check. Oh yes. My sleep is getting pretty darn bad. Soles of my feet ACHE (soak in cold water, ahhh). Sometimes just making my gigantic body roll over in bed makes me out of breath. (Not consistently, though, it's weird - occasionally I hardly feel pregnant.) Most of the time, though, I just feel like the baby is squashing everything and sucking all of my energy/brainpower/cooling power.

I do a lot of sponge bath type things. Like as soon as I return home after being outside I strip off shirt and bra, and run a washcloth under cold water, and wash everything that feels sweaty. Which is like, everything. It does seem to help.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi37

I do a lot of sponge bath type things. Like as soon as I return home after being outside I strip off shirt and bra, and run a washcloth under cold water, and wash everything that feels sweaty. Which is like, everything. It does seem to help.
What? So you actually all are still wearing clothes? I wear socks and shoes or else my feet get major edema, but then I wear undies. And if I'm feeling modest a jog bra, and that's about it... Not likin the whole clothing deal right now!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by myhoneyswife
What? So you actually all are still wearing clothes? I wear socks and shoes or else my feet get major edema, but then I wear undies. And if I'm feeling modest a jog bra, and that's about it... Not likin the whole clothing deal right now!
Wow! I wish I could do that
I mostly walk around in dh's boxers and a t-shirt. I am SO SICK of maternity clothes, it's not even funny. I remember not being able to wait to run out and buy some. Blah! Now I can't wait to pack them away!

Well, I can't complain too much today. It's about 75 with low humidity...NOT a normal thing for Maine. We usually have relatively nice temps (high 70's, 80's) but coupled with the 90% humidity, it can get ugly. So I am debating on whether I should be outside weeding, picking some veggies or vacuuming the car, or taking a nap inside! Hmmm....

·
Registered
297 Posts
GRRRRRRRRR
I have been so grouchy this week. I feel like everything is an enourmous effort around the house, and I've been trying to keep everything under control, on top of working every day. By the time I get the house in shape DD is walking around behind me messing it all up again. I asked DH to keep an eye on her for 10 minutes yesterday, and so she
1) took a cup full of ice cubes and layed them out onto a small table we have, where they melted on top of a magazine that was laying there and now a page of it has become "pasted" to the table

2) emptied an entire box of triscuits onto the floor

This isn't a huge deal, I know, and she is a toddler, I know, but I no longer have a close personal relationship with the floor. I can't get down on hands and knees, much less bend over, to pick up the 3000 things she has spilled or littered the floor with.
Plus I had to ask DH to take the laundry baskets, yes there were 2, upstairs last night (they have been sitting there for 4 days), and at 9pm they were still there. I got really, really frustrated because I have to ask him to do it (and he wouldn't) so I ended up crying and fighting with him in the kitchen. That is by far the hardest part of pregnancy for me, not being able to do everything myself.
(now that I read this it sounds so lame, welcome to my nervous breakdown
)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Tired? Check! Lazy? Check! Hot? Check! HUGE?? Check!

Thankfully the last two days here have been in the mid 80's as opposed to the over 100 temps we've been having for the last month. Unfortunately with the lower temps came some wind, and with the wind came some allergies and a stuffy nose! I'm really loving the breathe right strips right about now!

Anybody else leaking pee? I have that lovely side effect. This morning while getting breakfast for DD I sneezed (yay for allergies) and then trickle trickle down my leg. UGH!

Sleep is a hit or miss around here. Some nights I get great sleep and other's I don't sleep at all. Lucky for me DH lets me sleep in on the mornings he's home! I love that man

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsmama2
Anybody else leaking pee? I have that lovely side effect. This morning while getting breakfast for DD I sneezed (yay for allergies) and then trickle trickle down my leg. UGH!
Just last night I was sprawled out in my rockign chair & didn't get my legs squeezed together fast enough. So I sneezed & promptly said
it. DH just laughed as I ran to the bedroom to change my undies.
: Oh well, what can you do? I hate kegels, they just feel funky to me.

Oh & lazy
: As usual it is 11:30 & neither DS or I are out of our jammies yet. I have errands that HAVE to be done TODAY, but I just have no motivation to get out of the house. I do have dinner cooking in the crock pot though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maciascl
Just last night I was sprawled out in my rockign chair & didn't get my legs squeezed together fast enough. So I sneezed & promptly said
it. DH just laughed as I ran to the bedroom to change my undies.
: Oh well, what can you do? I hate kegels, they just feel funky to me.

Oh & lazy
: As usual it is 11:30 & neither DS or I are out of our jammies yet. I have errands that HAVE to be done TODAY, but I just have no motivation to get out of the house. I do have dinner cooking in the crock pot though.
I guess I should start wearing underwear all the time. I just hate it while I'm preggo. In addition to pee running down my legs I've also leaked on my birth ball while sitting here browsing MDC. YUCK!

DD just got out of the bath (at 12pm) and I'm still in my nightgown. I've GOT to go grocery shopping today. I did half of it yesterday at Costco and then gave up on the rest. DH isn't very happy about that. Usually I go every week, but lately it's been about every 3-4
. Thankfully it's not so hot today. That's the reason why I haven't been going. I can't stand being in the car and getting all hot and sweaty before I even go into the store.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I'm not having a leaking problem with pee, but I am with discharge! It's SO GROSS. I hate it.

And yet, about a month ago, I suddenly became unable to wear underwear. It itches and chafes and I go MAD. It's not laundry detergent or anything like that - I have no idea what happened!! But suddenly I can't wear it anymore!
I have to go underwearless, which is gross because I have so much discharge. So I end up going to the bathroom every 45 minutes to "mop up". Ewww.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thankfully no pee leaking yet... And no discharge problems yet either... Although last night I woke up and where I had been lying on my left side part of my singlet was wet from milk leakage.... So I got up for my scheduled 3:30am bladder empty, changed singlets and went back to bed, and then when I woke again an hour later on my right side, not only was my singlet wet but so was the sheet

I'm lucky where I am its winter right now (I hate the cold, but from what all of you have been saying, it sounds way better than the heat.....) I too live in my PJ pants, they're just so comfy!! Although in bed I can only wear underwear and a singlet cos I find pj's uncomfy for sleep, during the day they're fantastic!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts