Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I had DS, when I get my period, on the heaviest day(s) I have this overwhelming downward pressure. It feels like my uterus is trying to fall out of my vagina. I know it won't (or will it? that would be scary!
:
) and it doesn't really *hurt* but the pressure is so intense that I have to sit down every 10 minutes or so to relieve it. I sit for a minute or two then get back up again. This can go on for a couple of hours at a time.

I know I should be seeing a doc. I'm overdue for my yearly, but we have no insurance and living paycheck to paycheck right now.

I'll go to the doctor if this seems like something that needs to be looked at *now* but I'd like to find out if anyone else has experienced this and what their doc says about it. I'm sure it's probably just how my body has changed since giving birth, but I guess I'm just a little concerned.

I use cloth menstrual pads, btw, and no tampons or cups or anything.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I get the same thing (and have for years). It's nothing to worry about just part of your body's cycle. In traditional chinese medicine its decribed as a cold, damp condition of the uterus and there are herbs that are supposed to alleviate it. Really though it's just part of your body's cycle much like cramps or PMS or bloating.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I get that too, it helps to actually put your feet up to relieve the pressure I totally kwym though.

After my last child, born this past March, things aren't as high up as they used to be
, I think my bladder has fallen just a bit, pushing on my front vaginal wall. When I wear him, it feels worse, like the pressure of his body being held tightly against my lower abdomen is actually pushing my bladder down.

Lots of friends I have spoken to about it (man, I'll talk to anybody about *anything*) say that they had it & it went back to normal after a while, I think it's the hormones - which would also make sense with your cycle. Nothing is going to fall out, but you could do exercises to strengthen the muscles. Check out www.wholewoman.com loads of important info - do the posture NOW! My chiro said to skip the Kegels & lay on my back, knees up & squeeze an approximate 6" rubber ball with my knees for 3 sets of 20 & squeeze while I exhale. It's loads more effective than a Kegel.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ditto on exercises over surgery (which OBs will recommend. have a friend who was offered a hysterectomy for this!!!). Don't dis' the Kegels til you've learned to do them right. They really can help. Exercises for the Childbearing Year has good descriptions. Mayan Uterine Massage can help, too. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts