Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone decode what my midwife might have been looking for?<br><br>
I got tested to see if I was positive for GBS at 37 weeks...I'm not. Huzzah! but on the report it says that there was Lactobacilli present. She seemed a little concerned about it and asked if I had any painful discharge.<br><br>
I wasn't really paying attention to what she was asking and said no...because I don't think I do. My discharge this last little while is strange but I've had it for weeks...it isn't creamy at all....more like water and it smells strange to me. I had brought it up a few weeks earlier and she wasn't concerned. My vulva gets swollen and is a bit painful most of the time but I was accrediting that to vulvular varicose veins even though no one has gone down to see if anything was wrong.<br><br>
So I'm going to up my yogurt consumption and probably re-start taking some acidofilus. Should I be concerned?<br><br>
(normally I would have just asked her but I was confused, she was running super late yesterday and it was just one of those...i wish i would have asked her to explain more kind of moments.)

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's a bit odd, as I thought that was a healthy bacteria that you wanted to have present in your vagina.<br><br>
I think I would call your midwife and ask her the question. Maybe she tested to see if you had any present and you don't. Or maybe you have way too much, and then I'm not sure that eating more yogurt would be good. I'm not even sure if you can have too much though...<br><br>
I think when in doubt, it's best to phone and ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts