Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During our second month of BFing, my left nip started to lose its pigment just where DS sucks. It was like it peeled off if that makes any sense. So it is now the color of the rest of my skin in the middle and the regular "nipple" color around it, like a bullseye. My right nipple is still its normal nipple color and DS uses both of them but does use the left one a bit more for comfort sucking. Could he be sucking the color off?!?

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
My nipples are usually light brownish pink. When I was pg each time they turned dark brown. As nursing went on, they gradually returned to their original color.

Maybe what is happening to you is in the same ballpark? Our skin is always sloughing off and regrowing.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, it doesn't hurt... I think I'm just shedding skin! Sounds like a normal occurance. I posted the same question elsewhere and it seems like a normal thing. Thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.