Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So dh and I dtd last night for the first time since 24 weeks, when my cervix started to shorten. We were given the go-ahead recently because of two good cervix checks.

I have a slight uterine prolapse, which means my cervix and uterus are a bit lower than the normal woman. It doesn't take much for them to find my cervix when checking.

when the ob checked for dilation, she noticed that bubs was REALLY low, which was confirmed during u/s. I'd noticed he'd dropped in the last week, so that was no surprise.

So get to last night...as soon as dh entered it felt like he got "stuck" on the right...does that make sense? Like he was hitting a brick wall? lol. It made it REALLY uncomfortable for me. And it was just barely in there. I'm sure it was bubs head, as what the heck else could it be?

has anyone else had this problem? It was totally freaky and kind of took the mood away majorly. I was bummed, as I've been missing him, and sex in the 3rd tri is usually awesome! But now I'm scared of um, running into that again?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That's too bad for you (although I was happy to read about your 2 good cervix checks!). Maybe it's time for "everything else except..." until after baby comes, kwim?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Did you try a few different positions? Maybe almost do an inversion by being in the yoga "folded leaf" or "child's pose" but lift your bottom. That tends to be comfortable for me, and may lift baby's head away.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
That's a prolapse thing :)

If you do an inversion and some belly pulling up towards your head before, it can help. Especially if you do a nice butt up, head down position during :D

It'll be more dramatic than normal prolapse because of his head, but hopefully better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.