Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know I've probably seen that the answer to my question is prefolds and some easy covers, maybe bummis (they sell them at my local crunchy AP store), but I thought I'd check. I've listed bumgenius on my registry, really hoping that people will think, cool, looks simple, and buy me my stash! LOL. But I've seen some feel they might not fit super-well RIGHT away depending on baby's size. So what else should I have on hand? I do want to keep things simple and wait to experiment more when I have the actual babe to see body type etc. So... some prefolds? What kind? What size wraps? IF I get a super whisper bummi do I need pins or a... whoa, blanking here, a snappi, what is that pin-replacer called? LOL. Or not? anyway, feel free to innundate me with your preferences so I can get a sense and maybe add a few items to my registry.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I really like the infant size IPF's with a snappi and loveybums wool wrap on my nb. She was 8 1/2 lbs at birth. I don't have excess to fold over and they are very soft. I know they don't last as long (fit or durability) as CPF's, but since you are mainly looking at nb, they would seem a good way to go. Plus, you could use them later as burp rags or doublers. Proraps are good too, if you're not into wool. Definitely get a snappi if you do prefolds with a nb...you won't need as many covers. I got my IPF's at cottonbabies.com.

HTH!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I love me my wool, but proraps are a must as well! Great fit, deep gussets, cheapity cheap!
And prefolds with a snappi, of course. I haven't ever used IPF's but I love my CPF's for longevity, because even if you don't use them for more than the first 5-6 months you can use them as stuffers for pockets, nighttime doublers, etc foreva!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts