Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
DS was given a pair by his grandparents recently. I think they are as ugly as anything -- but that aside.

DS is tripping and falling all the time in them, they sizes are pretty vague and they never fit just right or secure on their little feet.
Sand and rocks and dirt get in and that bugs him, and they are ALWAYS falling off! You just don't get a secure fit. When I carry him, one always ends up somewhere else and we have to go looking.

If you love the looks of them, maybe just for around the neighborhood, at the beach. I think they are terrible as everyday shoes.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My oldest has a few pair.. I think they are fine for foot development but for the practical aspect, they are worthless LOL. My oldest is 4 and does great with them. They stay on his feet and he loves them! And I think they are adorable on him. BUT, my daughter has 1 pair (she will turn 2 in May) and they just will not stay on her feet, she walks out of them all of the time!

·
Registered
568 Posts
We love them! I'm not crazy about the looks but they are soooo comfy. We got the ones with the strap around the back for 2yr old dd and she walks just fine in them. They're the only shoes she runs and gets when its time to go, and she actually keeps them on her feet which is very unusual for her.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
We love ours. I recently purchased Payless (knock-offs) for my DD and they are great. I prefer the real ones for myself. The Payless ones seem as soft as the real ones.

She and her little toddler friends love them.

They are roomy and soft and the girls love them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My 2 yr old prefers them to SKR and with the strap in back they stay on great. He is in a 8/9 and it fits really well with no stripping. They are extremely light but without socks dirt does get between their toes and whatnot. We get lots of compliments.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatbaby View Post
DS was given a pair by his grandparents recently. I think they are as ugly as anything -- but that aside.

DS is tripping and falling all the time in them, they sizes are pretty vague and they never fit just right or secure on their little feet.
Sand and rocks and dirt get in and that bugs him, and they are ALWAYS falling off! You just don't get a secure fit. When I carry him, one always ends up somewhere else and we have to go looking.

If you love the looks of them, maybe just for around the neighborhood, at the beach. I think they are terrible as everyday shoes.
I heard you can shrink them by getting them wet and putting them in the dryer for a few minutes at a time.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Both my kids have Sketcher versions, and they stay on really well. My DD is older (nearly 4), and my son (nearly 2) has really chubby feet still--so that may help keep them on. They seem to have a lot of foot movement in them, so I feel like they are fine as far as foot health goes.

·
Banned
5,868 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rere View Post
I heard you can shrink them by getting them wet and putting them in the dryer for a few minutes at a time.
:

Seriously, they are so comfortable. I have a pair and both my little ones do.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
We like our disney crocs. My ONLY gripe is the sizing.... we had the 4/5 size and that was too small so I bought a 6/7 and they are slightly too big. Do wish they were whole sizes instead of 2 sizes combined. That being said, a pair of socks underneath helps to compensate. I hope you enjoy them if you get some.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
MIL got dd some for Christmas - the real thing - they are working out great. The fit well (I think dd has kind of wide feet) with or without the strap (though definately better with). The best part is that she can put them on herself, unlike alot of other shoes. I just watch her start with the first shoe to make sure she gets the right foot. I got a pair at Target for "yard shoes", but I don't wear them out. I'm a sandal or boot gal.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
My almost 6 yo, 3.5 yo, and nearly 2 yo all love them. Easy for them to put on fast, they can get as muddy as they want and just hose them off (and they dry super quick), and they come in fun colors. I like them because the older 2 have chubby feet and they fit comfortably. DD had to have a pair because her older brothers did and she can easily put them on herself. She does walk out of them occasionally, but most shoes don't last on her feet for long anyways. At least with these shoes she actually WANTS to put them back on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just bought my trio each a pair for their 4th b-day Saturday..I'll see how it goes..but I have a pair and they've always wanted some...to be honest DH and I can't wait so we don't have to help put on 6 shoes anymore!! It will really help with their independence we hope!

Karen

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
DS' crocs came in the mail yesterday - they are so cute! He LOVES them! He is able to put them on and take them off all by himself. Last night he was running around in nothing but his Crocs.

Regarding sizing ... I feel like they are a tad too big. But, after reading the Crocs website about their sizing (the "no part of your foot should touch any part of the shoe except the bottom" thing), they're probably just right. I think I'll give them a couple minutes in the dryer anyway so DS can wear them at daycare without the teachers being worried.

I'm really happy with them. They look really heavy but are actually so lightweight. I may have found a new obsession...why do they gotta make them in so many colors?
My mary janes should be here today ... I was also eyeing the ballet slipper variety - too cute!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I don't get that sizing stuff - my feet slip to the front of them when they are loose and it hurts my toes - maybe it's because I've just tried the generics. DD's are pretty snug, but I don't think too snug.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
I just bought my trio each a pair for their 4th b-day Saturday..I'll see how it goes..but I have a pair and they've always wanted some...to be honest DH and I can't wait so we don't have to help put on 6 shoes anymore!! It will really help with their independence we hope!

Karen
DS is 16 months old and can put his on by himself!! It's great.

We love ours. We have knockoffs to from babies r us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.