Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just joined Motherng although I have read the magazine for a year now. I am having an identity crisis becuase I am a natural soul, vegan, natural living and raising my two children to be friends of the enviroment BUT.....I got breast implants when I was very young to please society and now I want them out......I think they are poison to not just the body but to the soul too, however, my husband loves them and everyone I talk to does too. I would be an A cup without them, now I am a DD. I am the only one I know besides my sister in law who lives as natural as possible but I am stricken with the demands of society and my husband. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
402 Posts
What a sticky situation. I think if it bothers you so much, and you would feel very mentally relieved to have them out, then you might feel much better listening to yourself and getting them taken out. Maybe you could have a heart to heart chat with your dh and explain how you feel, why you feel this way, and that you really want to do what you think is right with your body, regardless of what others' think. Hopefully he will understand and be supportive.

I hope you find the right resolution for you.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
First: Welcome to MDC!

I am sure that is a hard situation to be in. I agree with the PP about discussing with your DH how it makes you feel to keep them in. It can't be healthy for your state of mind, I imagine I would feel like I was being held hostage or something in such a situation. Also, I believe that you could find medical info out there that would help your cause. It seems I remember something about the longer they are left in, the more likely side effects are to occur. I'm no expert, and I really only remember this from like 10+ years ago when my then boyfriend offered to pay to get me implants. Hopefully someone else here will have better information. FWIW I'm barely a B, so I completely understand the pressures, obsession society has with womens breast and the size.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Gosh, that is a tough one, but really your health comes first, way ahead of your dh's feelings about breast size, so if I were in your shoes, I would be getting them removed. Your breasts will not be the same ones you had pre-surgery, but perhaps there is something that can be done, such as a lift, to help restore them to how they were before the implants? Your dh will survive. Not taking out your implants might have health consequences for you, not to mention you have evolved to the point where you feel uncomfortable with them. I thought about implants but I have had lots of health issues like fatigue and depression and I didn't want to further stress my body. Dh would have had fun with them I'm sure, but is that really soo important in life? Is a good sex life impossible without big breasts? That question is ridiculous.

Whatever you decide, I applaud you for having come to a place in your life where you no longer need the power that comes from external sources and it sounds like you have found it within yourself. That's great, because you have to get them out at some point and start loving yourself as is. Why not now? G/L and I hope your dh is supportive of your decision if you do decide to get them out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all so much for being so supportive. It feels really ridiculous to be so questionable with my body but it is a tough issue having to go against my husband and society. You all have really helped. Thanks again.
:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyLH10 View Post
Thank you all so much for being so supportive. It feels really ridiculous to be so questionable with my body but it is a tough issue having to go against my husband and society. You all have really helped. Thanks again.
:
Your body your choice. The choice is yours and yours only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.