Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son 5 months, (but only 2.5 adjusted) is a decent sleeper for his age. We are just now getting into somewhat of a sleeping routine.<br>
He goes to sleep between 7-8 usually eating in the hour before he goes to bed. I dreamfeed when I go to bed around 11:00. He sleeps until sometime between 2-4 (cannot predict the variation here-but it is usually closer to 3-4) He wakes up to eat, and goes back to sleep. He then sleeps for about 3 more hours, wakes up to eat, and is either up for the AM or sleeps for another hour or so.<br>
Yesterday, we were out for most of the day and our schedule was off. He ate at about 5:30 and went to sleep around 7 without eating. All of a sudden my husband and I realized it was after 10:30 and we hadnt heard a peep. (small panic from husband, but he was just sleeping fine). Anyways, now I am thinking if he can actually go a couple of 5 hour stretches at night I may want to stop the dreamfeed. That way I can go to bed at 10-11, maybe sleep until midnight, feed him, and maybe sleep until 5 or so?<br>
I just want some other opinions or thoughts, do you dreamfeed-did you and stop, what do you think of this?<br>
A few things:<br>
-he is adopted and on formula<br>
-Husband and I take turns on middle of the night feedings<br>
-we cosleep

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
His sleep schedule sounds similar to my daughter's. She will go to sleep for the night around 7pm, nurses in the hour before that. I wake her up to change her diaper b/w 10-11 and usually will nurse her around then. She will sleep until about 3am and then wake up for the day b/w 7-8am. Yesterday she fell back asleep before I could feed her and I just let her sleep. She was up at 2:30am to nurse and then back to sleep until 7:30am. It does make me a little nervous because I feel as though she should eat more, but I have faith that she would wake up if she was hungry. Other nights I've skipped waking her for the 10pmish nursing she usually wakes up at 1am and then again at 5am.<br><br>
If I were you I would just try it a few nights of not feeding him when you go to bed and then see how long he sleeps. If he stays sleeping until 3am still, I'd keep skipping that session.<br><br>
I am going to do that, I'd rather do 10pm, 3am, 7am than 1am and 5am, so I will mostly likely keep nursing at my bedtime. Unless tonight I get another repeat of last night.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts