Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi Mommas!</p>
<p>Having four seems completely and utterly overwhelming to me. After having found out that this pg could possibly be twins (we get the confirmation next week but my first pg that I lost were twins as well) I am wondering how I am going to survive?</p>
<p>How will I ever find time to sleep, take baths and read ever again?</p>
<p>How do you organize your kids?</p>
<p>How do you make sure all of them still get their fair share of attention?</p>
<p>Please let me know!!!</p>

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
<p>It all works out, somehow.  It has taken me longer to adjust to 4 than any other transition (i.e. going from 1-2, then 2-3, etc.)  It's just hard to juggle everything, but with older kids to help out, it is okay.  My older two do help a lot, they've taken on more chores in the last year because they're able to now, and they love to help with they're baby brother.  I make sure to keep it fair and not ask too much of them, but kids are capable of helping out quite a bit.  I think your's will be very similar age gaps to my first 4.  I also homeschool which has made the transition a lot harder since my first two still require so much help with school.  They aren't able to work very independently at all yet.  But somehow it all works out and I don't feel like any of them are getting neglected or not getting enough attention.  It can be tough to get a shower, I end up getting about 4 showers a week (I'd prefer one daily), you get plenty of reading or online time when you nak, lol.  But it's hard to get any hobby time (I like to sew, but it's really tough).  After a few months, hopefully your baby and toddler will be taking afternoon naps at the same time and you can either give extra attention to your olders or have some time to yourself to do whatever you need to do.  But it certainly is a juggling act and I have a lot less time for myself these days.  It's a sacrifice of love I guess though.</p>

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
<p>I have 4 soon to be 5 and I showered today! lol Actually I shower everyday, but I will admit reading is harder to come by!</p>
<p>There isn't a one size fits all but you will figure out what works for your family.  There are times that I know that I do not meet everyone's needs</p>
<p>including my own but I just accept that and move on. I do my best to  offer one on one time with each kid when I can and we try to do alot together as a family. Going from 3-4 wasn't as difficult for me as going from 2-3 but at the time when I went from 2-3 my oldest was still 2 when #3 was born so I think THAT may have been why it was difficult for me! lol</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts