Mothering Forum banner

Do you take your toddler on cross country vacations?

• Yes - take them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - They'll be fine at home with family.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cousin temporarily living in Hawaii that want's me to come for a visit! My husband an I are going and can't decide do we take our 3yr old with us or leave her home with grandpa?
We are going to the Big island and our primary event will be hiking to waterfalls and beaches. I know there are parts of the trip that our daughter will love and hate, mainly the flight and time change.
I've been told by a lot of people we will have more fun if she sits out this trip. I can't help but feel like a bad mom leaving her home for a week. I trust her grandfather 100% to watch her - he raised me.
In her 3 yrs there's only been 2 nights where I haven't been there to either put her to be or be there when she wakes up. Both those time she was only a few miles away with family. I'm sick to think that I would be such a long ways from her in case something were to happen - at the same time I'd hate to squander this once in a lifetime (for me) vacation by having to give up opportunities because she is too small/ young to take part.

If you were in my shoes what would you do? Take your toddler or leave them home? Why?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts