Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few nights ago I had some crazy prodromal labor.

now i've got some crazy pressure on my cervix. no real contractions (or at least, none like that night!). just pressure. and of course my usual 18 billion BH ctx per day.

its VERY uncomfortable to walk around.

but of course, walking is good for me. I still have to get housework and stuff like that done, and walking can promote labor happening.

was wondering what some other mommas do if the pressure on their cervix gets a little too much for comfort. do you play through the pain and hope that it jump starts labor...or do you take it as a sign that you should take it easy?

thanks!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
If it was bad, I listened to my body and took it easy, meaning I did my housework and caring for my children but no more long walks around town. If it was just uncomfortable (like it really always is everyday from the start of the 3rd trimester for me) then I would "ignore" it and take the kids for long walks and to the park.

Just listen to your body, it sounds like you need to take it easy. I would just relax on the birth ball IF that is comfortable. Yes walking CAN (but not always, I walk a TON and have gone over due with all of mine) help you out but I wouldn't torture myself for a maybe YK?

Good luck!

·
Registered
255 Posts
If the pressure on your cervix gets to be too much, you can get on all fours and walk your hands out in front of you. Reach your chest down to the floor and that should relieve some of the pressure. Try not to rush prodromal labor, though...even if it lasts weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.