Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to babywearing, and am getting everything ready for our first baby, due in early November. We have 3 slings--a hotsling (new), karma baby sling (also new), and a mei tei (from consignment store, unsure if its been used or not). Anyway, should I wash these slings before I use them? If so, how?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would not wash the Hotslings and the Karma Baby just yet since they are non-adjustable pouches unless you are absolutely sure of your sizing. Check the return policies of these companies or where you bought your slings. They usually have pretty good return/exchange policies if the item hasn't been washed and is in new condition. With my first non-adjustable pouch, I had a hard time sizing when I was pregnant and then, I lost a lot of the post-partum weight quickly so my pouch size changed dramatically.

I wouldn't worry too much about using an unwashed pouch with your baby. There are so many items that come in contact with your baby that I don't think you would wash before using. Carseat, stroller, bouncy chair, etc.

I would definitely wash the MT. Wash in cold water (to avoid shrinkage) with mild detergent and hang to dry. You can iron to smooth out the wrinkles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.