Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...weeded my garden, and did a little grocery shopping.. Now my hips and pelvis HURT! Apparently I have a very low limit of physical activity. I'm only 15w4d, this is far too early for this!! How am I going to get anything done by the middle or end of this pregnancy??! Rant over. :)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I have a theory on this- because Im having the EXACT same thing. I think with every subsequent child the musculature of our pelvic floor changes. I don't know about you, but I definitely feel it. Im on my third also and this time around Im noticing that low, achy, pelvis wrecking feeling about 10 weeks earlier than before. But after 2 other pregnancies and 2 births (especially vaginal births) the muscles of the pelvic floor tend to hang lower, and pull on the pelvis a bit more...so it makes sense why it would happen.

I find myself laying down for 10 minutes here or there during the day to give my poor pelvis a break.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I get it too, really sore pain in my pelvis and what I think must be my round ligament. It's definitely bad when I've been to physically active. I lift kids and toddlers all day long, so by evening I'm really feeling it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My limits for activity are significantly lower than with my last pregnancy. The trouble is, we don't have a car and pretty much walk everywhere! This is already becoming problematic. It started off with the pelvic pain, then the lower back joined the party, and now my hips are getting in on it too.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, that's pretty much how I feel. I did take it easier today and I feel a lot better. Sometimes it's so hard to be handicapped within a certain limit of activity. If I do the 'right' amount I feel ok, but even a tiny bit too much and I'm out. Fun times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayPea View Post

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My limits for activity are significantly lower than with my last pregnancy. The trouble is, we don't have a car and pretty much walk everywhere! This is already becoming problematic. It started off with the pelvic pain, then the lower back joined the party, and now my hips are getting in on it too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.