Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title kind of says it all. I'm not sure how to feel today. In the past month or two I was starting to feel much better. I felt like the fog was lifting. Today, I'm not feeling as depressed as I thought I would but at the same time I can't stop crying. Did your partners remember you due date? It doesn't seem like anyone I told remembered, and I'm trying to let it bother me. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
hey sweetie,
s, hardly anyone remembered my due date as well and it felt like a knife in my heart.

my partner did remember, but maybe it was because i mentioned it to him plenty of times. he doesn't like to think of it. i understand. and don't take it personally; not very many people know what to say, even though a simple remembering and an "i'm sorry" would do just fine for us. allow yourself to remember and try and cherish the fact that you had that baby for as long as you did. even though we all would love our babies here with us to nurture.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How tough. I'm so sorry for your loss and that no one remembered. It's hard when our babies are the only thing we think of and no one else seems to think about them at all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm sorry. Due dates are tough. I had mine last month. No one remembered. Although, I really didn't expect anyone to remember. however, I got lots of support and guidence from the wonderful women on this board. And I felt much better after hearing from everyone here. I hope we can offer some relief.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
My due date was the day before yours. Like you said, it wasn't quite as painful as I thought it would be although I'm still sad. If nobody remembers, I think it's okay to remind them that you need a little loving today. My mom, sister and a couple of friends called me and it made a big difference. I actually had a harder time on the day that I got my period this month. I thought I'd be pregnant again by the time the due date rolled around, so it was hard to realize that I wouldn't be. But in terms of the pregnancy I actually lost, it's sort of surreal this point since it happened so long ago. It's really weird to think of having a second baby right now. Anyway, I ramble. I hope you are feeling better and that you got a chance to talk to some of your friends about it.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post
My mom, sister and a couple of friends called me and it made a big difference.
: I'm so glad. (from Carlyle's sis)

3sweetsurprises, I'm thinking about you, belatedly. I hope you found the support and honor for your due date that you needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.