Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We gave our 3 yr old one of our OLD Samsung tablet(like 2nd generation old) with a durable case. I loaded it with the Memory game app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.petraru.kids and a few random apps. I want to stay away from videos. But he loves recognition apps ("point to the tractor" or "find the letter A") and matching. He is really learning fast with this app. What do you guys think about this app?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Learning apps are good.But I am worried about the negative impact of this.Nowadays, babies and kids are so involved in Gadget and tech worlds.They don't know anything about playing outdoor games and social interaction.This is sad, but today's reality.

Don't you think as a parent we should try to stop this from happening as long as we could?

Just a thought...I am not against technology and gadget in any way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My sister didn't use any technology but my parents struggled to get me to learn so I used technology, although it wasn't the same as it is now (we're talking mid nineties, giant computer) so I fully appreciate computers and apps and their ability to make learning fun, but look around at how many children and teens wear glasses nowadays... that what puts me off allowing my kids to use technology! The can learn more counting things outdoors than on a app

·
Registered
4 Posts
We gave our 3 yr old one of our OLD Samsung tablet(like 2nd generation old) with a durable case. I loaded it with the Memory game app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.petraru.kids and a few random apps. I want to stay away from videos. But he loves recognition apps ("point to the tractor" or "find the letter A") and matching. He is really learning fast with this app. What do you guys think about this app?
so docs recommend that you limit a two year olds exposure to screens (phones and tablets and maybe also tv) to at most an hour a day. the reason is because their eyes are still developing.

we personally try to limit screen exposure to emergencies... like a long road trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts