Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My toddler has had a bad cough since Sat. Monday and tuesday she ran a very high fever but seems to be feeling much better now. However her chest now rattles when she breathes.<br><br><br>
I'm afraid that if I take her to the Dr now (out of town visiting family) she will be put on abx and she has a horrible time with yeast. (currently on diflucan, yet still has yeast rash on body) I'm also afraid to wait too long and have her end up with pneumonia.<br><br>
I'm not sure what else to do for her. She is on gaps (suspected Eosinophilic esophagitis waiting on scope in 2 weeks) and tolerates just a few foods. I'm giving her ooo on her feet and vicks at night to help her sleep and not cough. Hot steamy baths daily.<br><br>
What else can I do for her?

·
Registered
171 Posts
My toddler had a similar thing and he liked warm Chamomile tea with honey (if she is over 1, of course) in a bottle. It soothed him down quickly and also helped loosen his secretions.<br>
Also, are you still breastfeeding? If so, load up on the garlic... she will get that through you and that may help.<br>
I know you are doing warm baths... how about steaming up the bathroom (if you aren't) and bringing her in shower with you.<br>
Warm compresses on her chest.<br>
Just a few ideas!?<br>
Hope they help. Hugs to you. It sucks!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea on the garlic. I'll go take a couple of cloves.<br><br>
About to do another hot steamy bath. I do use the shower and heater and make the bathroom like a sauna.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I would take her to the dr. Antibiotics might not be needed but I like to play it safe where breathing is concerned. And if they are necessary, well I'd rather deal with the yeast afterwards than have her end up with pneumonia.<br><br>
A humidifier in her room at night might help. Or, failing that, a bowl of water near the heat source.<br><br>
Hope she feels better soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts