Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been checking archives for info.... my 23 month old toddler girl has a yeast infection, manifesting as a bad diaper rash and white spots on her tonsils. i read about the benefits of yogurt on the rash (just started) but what about orally for her throat? we are doing acodophillus wafers. took her to the ped last night to have a definate diagnosis... he prescribed diflucan orally. would rather do natural. has anyone dealt with this?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
THe best thing you can do is make her yoghurt at home - very easy. Check out the probiotics thread further down this page. If you check on the last page there are some numbers posted by JaneS. Yoghurt cultured for 24 hours (you have to make it) contains 3 billion organisms per ml - so that is 15 billion per tsp!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
My 3 year old dd was having recurrent yeast infections that we could not get to stop. We would treat it w/Nystatin cream, then a couple days later it would return. I even tried Diflucan out of desperation (the yeast made her very uncomfortable). Again it returned. Finally we brought her to a homeopath. He gave her a constitutional remedy and the yeast, as well as an ongoing cold she had been having went away.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes, homeopathy rocks! As long as you can find yourself a good homeopath. I would say that would be the quickest and best route to getting her yeast free.

Other than that, probiotics, anti-fungals, especially coconut oil, no sugar, no non-fermented dairy. Wild oregano is a very good anti-fungal if she can tolerate it. GSE is also very good. Colloidal silver is anti-fungal as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i really appreciate you all taking the time to share info! we live in a pretty conservative area, and i am trying to educate myself with the 2 health food shops i go to and info i learn about here!

mountainmon, i definately am going to try the yogurt, not only for the yeast, but for her slight case of eczema. i have come across lots of threads on it, and am going to try it this weekend!

max and myjo, i wish, wish, wish we lived in an area that homeopaths were more common

between our insurance and lack of natural practitioners dealing with docs in the typical medical model makes me feel like
one of the many reasons we are working on movingm but that's another thread!

thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts