Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, are toddlers supposed to go on the adult food guide pyramid with smaller portions or is there some other recs. for toddlers? DS is HUGE for his age and eats a ton, but I never know what to count as a "serving" for his fruits and veggies and proteins, etc. so that I know he's not getting too much of the less necessary and not enough of the necessary. He'll eat anything so he gets lots of veggies and fruit, but I'm afraid he gets too many empty calories as well

ETA: Does anyone know where BM would come into this equation? DS doesn't nurse anymore =(, but I give him 2-3 pumped ounces a day for its protective qualities and don't know what to think of it as

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have heard that a toodler portion is like about a tablespoon for an adult cup. So if the serving size for an adult is one cup then for a toddler its 1 tablespoon. Whihc makes me feel better when I feel liek my daughter is hardly eating enough to keep her alive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.