Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it does pertain to toddlers... My dd is 2 years old, and is into a clothing size 3T, but I'm crushed that there don't seem to be onesies (or bodyshirts, or whatever) over 24 months. An undershirt doesn't cut it - I want her belly and back covered - and her old 24 m. onesies don't fit anymore. Are toddlers really supposed to be in undershirts at this size? I hate seeing that gap between her pants and shirt when she's playing. It looks so uncomfortable. Has anyone seen an under-bodyshirt for the 24 m+ crowd?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Gymboree has a couple on their website that go to 3T. I also saw some gerber ones on amazon that went up to 4T I think, and someone who wrote a review said they run a bit small, but I have no personal experience.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here's a site where they go to 5T:<br><a href="http://www.essentialwhites.com/" target="_blank">http://www.essentialwhites.com/</a>

·
Registered
508 Posts
Gerber clothing does tend to run small. A 3T Gerber sleeper is about the same size as a 24 mo TCP one, IME. Carters 24 mo onsies are quite roomy. I find they run big. I suspect there aren't more bigger sized onsies because kids 3+ are potty training/trained and I imagine that a onsie would be a pain at that point.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
We have a bunch in 3T from the Children's Place. They are very good quality and I'd say that they run big. I think the reason that they aren't as common for that age is that they interfere with potty learning and learning to get dressed. DS's daycare won't allow them (or overalls) for these reasons. I too hate the gap that can happen (probably because I am always cold in the small of my back myself) so DS wears shirts that are a bit big so they are longer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also find Hanna Andersson has some great onesies that go beyond the standard infant sizes.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I never understood why they made onesies 24 months or older? How does your dd use the potty??<br><br>
We put ds in underwear at 25 months but he was done with onesies by like 18 months i think?? He also was bigger than the sizes so that is why we stopped at 18 months...but still i think it's kind of pointless to put an older child in a onesie who will be using the potty soon or at least in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts