Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not only do I have problems with my DS during the day (see other thread about hitting, etc.), but also at night...I have two month old twins and ever since they were born, DS (age 2), only wants ME at night. We co-sleep with him, so at the beginning of the night, DS only will go to sleep with me. Then if he wakes up at night and I'm not there, he cries and stays awake until I come. I would love to just sleep in bed with him and always comfort him back to sleep, but I have twins now to nurse in the night and they sometimes are up for hours at night, so I can't stay in the bedroom with him all night and take care of them too.

I nursed DS until he was 18 months and then after that I was the one making him go to sleep, etc. Then when I went to the hospital DH made him sleep those days, but after that he really started clinging to me at night even more.

We've kind of made the make-shift arrangements for now that DH goes and takes care of the girls in our living room, where we put down a mattress at night since we only have one bedroom. He only goes if needed, but that's most of the time. He gives them bottles and stays up with them until they go to sleep. Then I go and lay down with DS until he goes back to sleep. I'm so sleep deprived that I usually go back to sleep too, but then DH is stuck with taking care of the girls for hours (he's sweet and doesn't wake me up until I get up on my own) and he's not getting any sleep. Plus, I think they sleep better when I'm actually breastfeeding them, since they don't like the bottle much. So, I'd like to figure out how to make my DS go to sleep without me and go back to sleep if he wakes up in the middle of the night without me. DH is there all the time, but he just refuses to go to him. He LOVES his dad during the day and is like his shadow whenever DH is at home, so it's not like he doesn't have any connection with him.

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar situations that they overcame?

Thanks,

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The girls have almost got their days and nights on track now, so I was wondering should I just move them in the bedroom with us at night? There is room, but I'm worried about my toddler waking up at night. Have any of you co-slept with your toddler and had your twins in the room too. Any experiences?

Thanks,

·
Registered
193 Posts
HUGS to you!

I found the arms reach cosleeper to be a huge help with cosleeping twins and toddler. DD was 18 months old when my twins were born. In the beginning, I slept the twins in the cosleeper and kept DD in the bed with me. Then when a baby would wake up, I would nurse and put them back in the cosleeper.

As the twins got older and DD got older and more comfortable, the twins were on my more during the night and DD was happy with being in the cosleeper herself. I miss it, I miss it (DD is almost 4 and twins are 2) but reccomend it to anyone in my situation

GL!
Tassy
DS 7, DD 3, twin DDs 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.