Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I asked about this specifically and the company responded that it was because the back is higher and they don't feel it's safe for a younger baby to be below the top edge of the back. (Did that make sense?-not sure how they said it but I think you get the idea)
Anyway, I think they are afraid of a lawsuit that a baby was smothered because it's head was covered or something. That's my guess.
Of course, we that use mei tais know this is not the case.
I thought about exchanging mine for the taller one but I'm gonna keep it since it works fine for now. But if I was buying a new one I'd get the toddler one for sure!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
They also added an additional support from the shoulder straps to the waist band but not sure where this is. Just what I read on their site. I couldn't tell from the picture either but sometimes it's hard to tell until you have it on ya!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My friend has both and wants to sell his infant Patapum. I tried it out with my son and I have to say the toddler one fits much better. My DS is 18 month.

We did have a 6 month old in the Toddler Patapum and she was was fine :)

I just would wish they offer the toddler version in different colors as well

·
Registered
815 Posts
I took pictures of them side by side to see the differences.

The Toddler is 3 inches taller in the body, same size width, and the extra strap comes off the waistband.

·
Registered
207 Posts
We just bought the toddler patapum for DS. He is only 14m old and we can't do up the extra clips at the side! (But he is HUGE)

I think it's just cause the back is taller, but we found that the Ergo back was far too short for DS, he is really tall aswell and it felt like he could arch his back and fall out. The new patapum holds him in nice and securely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.