Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, leaving brand names aside, what does your optimal toddler diaper/potty training transition stash consist of, with respect to diaper types/combinations?

Is it a few pockets with a half dozen or so training pants?

Is it trim AIOs all the way, so you can adjust the absorbency?

Give me types and how many, ladies! I'm getting ready to overhaul our stash as we move into the exciting potty-learning period.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My dd refused to wear diapers at all, so anything resemblind a dipe is out (i.e., AIOs - tried that and she SCREAMED). And the padded panties were not absorbent enough...so we've gone with PUL training pants...she's still learning, but I got some cute WAHM ones and mass-produced ones and she'll wear those. When we go out it's Pull-ups.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
DD is almost 2 and activally potty training herself, so we are slowly switching over from dipes to trainers. We have had good luch with PUL pocket trainers, because I can stuff them fuller when we go out, and with less at home. I think she is able to tell me 20% of the time, which is pretty good since I am not prompting her (trying to make sure I don't push this - I'm not ready to give up the dipes yet - I just got some of them!!!)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm more of a mind that it's diapers till she's fully trained then straight to normal underwear. That said of course, mine were willing to do that! Both my kids were about 3 when they trained - Eliza now has awareness at 21 months but isnt doing it yet. I'm sure we could start training but I cant be bothered, its easier to have her in nappies. I left both boys in nappies till I thought it was "time" at around their third birthdays and then I just took the nappies away and gave them regular underwear. We had a few accidents for a week or so and then never looked back. I think they'd probably been ready for a long while. We also never owned a potty, just used the toilet. Six years later they still cant hit the water, groan.

I know people like potty training to be a kind of process which the child gradually learns which is terrific, obviously that starts a lot sooner that what I did and then I think pocket trainers and the like are ideal. But it doesnt absolutely have to be done that way and you can just move straight on from diapers and never have to spend the money on trainers.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
We went straight to panties (cold turkey on day 1). I did have a few pairs of Bummis trainers for long car trips & naps. Dd still wears a diaper (one of our QD AIOs or a Bunny Patch AIO) at night. That's our system. Super simple, LOL. I also keep a waterproof pad & folded prefold in her carseat, just in case

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.