Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has btdt... I work until midnight a few nights a week, and I stay at home with DD during the day. Since September, my toddler has figured out that if she waits long enough, I will come back home before she goes to sleep. So she hasn't gone to sleep before midnight in four months (she is with DH in the evenings). I've tried waking her up earlier in the morning, but somehow we keep coming back to the post midnight bedtime (tonight was 1:30am). Does this get any better? I'm starting to think about quitting my job because it's exhausting to work 6pm-midnight and then come home to take care of a toddler in the middle of the night. But I really want to keep the job for my emotional and financial health. Any suggestions? Commiseration? Any advice for DH to get her to sleep earlier? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I just got my daughter to sleep.... I am a SAHM in the day and should be working from home in the evenings but with my daughter staying up until midnight that leaves me up until the wee hours so I can relate.

After reading thru some of Sleepless in America I see some real tools that I know work: setting a consistent WAKE time, a consistent bedtime routine, white noise since I am a renter and cannot control my neighbors, early bedtime, etc.

I would finish reading the book but I am too tired, lol!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.