Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor little 16 month old DS nursed this morning and a few minutes later vomited it all up...this happened 2 more times. What can I do for him? I can't exactly explain to him why he can't nurse or eat for a little while. Anything I can give him to settle his stomach? THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Are you sure that you won't nurse him? Over on the dental boards, Smilemomma, who has done tons of research, says that bm is scientifically a bodily fluid not food.
With that knowledge, you do want to keep him hydrated if he is vomiting.
I would keep nursing and make sure your diet is easy, mild, and calming with lots of water

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Are you sure that you won't nurse him? Over on the dental boards, Smilemomma, who has done tons of research, says that bm is scientifically a bodily fluid not food.
With that knowledge, you do want to keep him hydrated if he is vomiting.
I would keep nursing and make sure your diet is easy, mild, and calming with lots of water.
Little sips of diluted chamomile tea while he is throwing up too. Little in like one teaspoon at a time until he can keep it down.

I just noticed that your post is from some time ago. How's he doing?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I didn't really mean I wasn't going to nurse and starve him
I just wanted to not nurse him the minute he threw up so he could do it all over again!
He actually threw up those 3 times in the morning, nursed one more time and fell asleep for a couple hours....and that was it. He was fine the rest of the day. I could tell he wasn't 100% but he didn't vomit again. Thank goodness, I felt so bad for him it was even coming out of his nose.
I will keep the tea trick in mind for next time though. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.