Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my son in cloth for a while, until he started potty training and we weren't using enough diapers to make washing worth it (like 1-2 a day, even at night.) Well, since the baby was born, Jordan regressed a bit and I tried using cloth on him again, but he still would "hold it" and go all at once and soak through everything. I've tried doubling up microfiber towels, sticking a microfiber in with a prefold or hemp doubler. It seems like he just soaks through them too. (Maybe I'm missing the first time he goes, but I don't think I am.) He's even soaked through a sposie at night.
:

I don't know what to do. I want to get him into cloth again, but not sure if the pockets are going to work because they don't seem to hold enough absorbency. I want to do prefolds and covers, but not sure if they'll hold up to him. If so, is it necessary to buy toddler prefolds or should I just buy covers and use some of my regular prefolds I have. I have about 4 dozen regular prefolds, so it wouldn't cost much more to go that route.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You know, if he is able to hold it he may be ready to start potty training. Can you teach him the sign for potty and just show him it everytime you change him. I also figured out ds has a certain way that he acts right before he pees. We ask him if he wants to use the p[otty and he goes in his little potty about half of the time.

When we are using diapers(and prefolds), we are just using regular size prefolds when he does have a diaper on and I justchange him after everytime he pees.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He knows the sign for potty, but he doesn't really seem interested anymore. I still have his potty out, and I ask if he needs to potty, but he'll say no, and then I'll find him with a soggy diaper on. He does better if he has nothing on, but I want him to get used to waiting to take off his diaper or pants or whatever he may have on in case we're somewhere that he can't run around naked.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
nak,
ok, see i am letting ds run around naked when we are at home and just using diapers when we go out or at night(he's a heavy wetter so we are doing a hemp fitted which is working great). If he does miss the potty at home, we bring him to the potty right away(this seems to be helping a lot). The other reason for nakedness now is it is so blasted hot where we are.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Could you try trifolding the prefolds and then adding some microfiber cloths? That way all the layers are in the center.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetangelbrynlie
Could you try trifolding the prefolds and then adding some microfiber cloths? That way all the layers are in the center.
That's a great idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts