Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have saved TONS of cardboard toilet paper and paper towel rolls.

NOW WHAT???
:

I am just not crafty enough to figure out how to make them fun for my 2 year old.

Help please!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Binoculars

Musical instruments - wax paper on one end secured with a rubber band

"Poppers" - roll tissue paper around a couple inches longer on both sides, twist and tie one end, fill with treats and twist and tie the other end. The fun is holding both ends and ripping open.

Here's one site

To make it easier, Here's my search results.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
pull along snake, thread several tubes into a piece of string. Tape the string on the inside of the first tube to stop it sliding off. For a young child I tape each tube to the string but I imagne older ones would enjoy rethreading it.

Stuff with newspaper and use a skittles

Puppets, draw on faces and stick on cut outs for ears, tails etc.

Post small balls through them, especially good with longer tubes.

Stuff with newspaper, tape over the ends and use as blocks.

For older children make a totem pole, decorate several tubes and stack them up (Easier if you thread them onto a stick/broom handle)

Can you tell I hoard these sore of things

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Christmas ornaments. Your child could give them as gifts! We made reindeer from ours. A little paint, some googly eyes, a small red pom-pom, and a pipecleaner. Sting some string through the top and hang them on the tree.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
saving mine to make cool firestarters for stocking stuffers. Use dryer lint too!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm saving mine to make a beehive with. I'm going to glue them all together with hot glue in a pyramid shape then cover with paper mache'. We are going to use acorns as bees. I will post the results!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts