Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until about 3-4 weeks ago, DD was using the potty between 50% and nearly 100% of the time. Then, all of a sudden, she wouldn't use the potty any more. She would just go on the floor or in her underpants. I am completely at a loss as to what to do. She was doing so well! Has your kid done this? What did you do? What happened next? Help!

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Yes, we are potty training and it has been 2 steps foward and 1 step back all the way.<br><br>
I've been leaving him naked as much as possible and that seems to make a huge difference. If he can run and hop on the potty without having to do any work to get there, he is more inclined to do it.<br><br>
I've also been picking him up and taking him to sit on the potty about 4 times a day, whether he wants to or not. If he objects, I sort of distract him by talking about other things and pointing to pictures on the wall, and blathering away to him, until he is suddenly sitting on the potty. At that point, he usually just goes without a fuss.<br><br>
I don't know what else to suggest. I know I am loathe to put him back in diapers after so much progress!

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I think V was nearly 100% trained last summer. And then she decided she didn't want to use the potty. Then last winter, she nearly trained again. I didn't push when she opted out.<br><br>
This summer she did it all on her own and hasn't looked back. It was soooo easy.<br><br>
She was ready.<br><br>
(She turned three this summer).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts