Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div id="user_post_message_3285762">Two of my really good friends threw me a very nice, sweet, simple shower yesterday. Such a nice surprise since this <b><i>is</i></b> my 2nd child although there are over 6 years difference in age. I'm so touched by how much thought they put into it and opened up one of their homes for my family and friends, I really wanted to do a little token of "thanks" for them for going to all the trouble.<br><br>
Has anyone ever done something for the hostess of their shower or heard of doing this? Maybe like a little spa gift card, flowers, etc?</div>

·
Registered
483 Posts
<p>My partner is an artist and does lino-block prints. My friend had seen one of his pieces and was going to buy one but I just bought a frame and gave that to her. For the other hostess I bought her  a really cool piece of art for about 75 bucks from a local diy gallery. She loved it also. They were both very pleased with their art. They deserved it for all their hard work and effort to give me such a nice shower. :)</p>

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
<p>When my cousin's wife threw my small shower (hosted it at her house more so, my mom planned and paid for it) I brought her flowers and a really nice bottle of italian wine to the shower as a thank you(she is italian and loves wines).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Obviously it should be a token, if money is tight a nice card or a small plant, cookies, a candle for the house, etc.</p>
<p>It's always nice to say thank you.  :)</p>

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
<p>Ugh so sorry to DDC on the last post, I thought I was in my own club (not loving this new format).  Sorry!</p>

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Thanks ladies! Some great ideas here :)</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts