Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister brought me 5 tomato plants last week that she had bought and forgot about...These Poor things were yellow and shriveled...I figures they were gone but I Have been babying them and giving them plenty of water...The other day lots of flowers nipones on them and today I Have several little bitty green tomatos :) I guess that is what a little love and water can do...lol

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yay! Those baby green tomatoes are so cute.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am so excited!!! I Have misses my Box gardens since moving into This apartment...and It May sound crazy but I LOVE how my Hands smell after working with the plants :)

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
I count green tomatos every day. It is like a promise for the future. Glad yours revied and enjoy!

I agree on the smell. Tomatoes smell sooo sweet.

Reactions: pumabearclan

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really love tomatoes, I have them on my own garden at home; it is really true that having a small vegetable garden is an easy way to save money. $2 tomato plant can easily provide you with 10 pounds of fruit over the course of a season.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had such bad luck with my tomatoes this year! What's your secret?! :frown:
I watered them generously in the early morning and at dusk...that was all...it did rain a few days and I think that helped a lot Rain water seems to have magic!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your story is cute. The little care of something shows your character. How wonderful you're!!!

My sister brought me 5 tomato plants last week that she had bought and forgot about...These Poor things were yellow and shriveled...I figures they were gone but I Have been babying them and giving them plenty of water...The other day lots of flowers nipones on them and today I Have several little bitty green tomatos :) I guess that is what a little love and water can do...lol
Save

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts