Mothering Forum banner

Tomorrow is my due date

663 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  mata 
#1 ·
I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks on March 1st, and tomorrow would have been my due date. I have had a busy spring and summer, and have been dealing with cancerous cervical cells (discovered at my postpartum pap and subsequent biopsies) and I'm having a hard time today.

My husband is in NC on business until Thurs. night and I'm home with my two girls, 3 and 11. They are a trial sometimes when dh is away but they are also my biggest blessings and I'm going to do something special with them tomorrow.

I have not talked about this too much with my friends irl because...I don't know what to say. I feel like for them, it's been awhile since my loss and I've already had 2 surgeries to deal with the cancerous cells, and I am sure I seem fine, and I mostly am, but I'm sad today. I think I will be sad tomorrow too.

See less See more
#7 ·
I am so sorry for your loss, I think each one of us dreads the day that our due date comes. I'm sure with all the added stress you have you need support now more than ever. My due date will not be till Nov. then again in March, but not a day goes by that I don't think about my baby's and how it is going to make me feel when I should have them in my arms. Take comfort in knowing you are not the only one, there are people that understand and that you can talk to. I do not believe that you can understand or discuss comfortably this subject till you have lived it. Look at the little ones you already have, the best time is while they are sleeping. Watch them sleep, breath in the breath, thank God for what you have and ask God to be with you today.

Tiffany

#9 ·
i know i think about my due date often! (i lost my baby on may 1st) i feel connected because "i should" be pregnant right now". i don't want that connection to pass me by just yet.

get some tears out. be sad. hug your girls. give yourself some love! i'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

(my due date is november 17)

#10 ·
So sorry for your loss.

I have not come upon my due date yet, and I have no idea what I will feel at that time. But I can image. Some times it is just good to be sad and cry it out. It can help wash away sadness. And a new day dawns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.