Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last night while I was at work I started having some pressure 'down there'. I blew it off, and figured it was from running around. When I was laying down in bed at home, I was having the pressure feeling that was coming in waves. It lasted for about an hour, then I put my hand on my uterus and noticed it was getting hard with the pressure. For another 1 1/2 I tried keeping track of how many cx I was having. I lost track after 30!! I was already laying on my left side, drank water, switched sides, layed on my back, went pee, and only after I made myself pee (which I didn't have to) and walked around did they lighted up some. They kept me up until 3am when I finally passed out. I'm still having them today, but not as frequent. I haven't had anymore spotting either.<br><br>
This is my 3rd, and i've had BH with each of them, but not like this.<br><br>
Does this sound normal?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It sounds too frequent to be normail- but I was having them every 2-3 minutes when I was sick. My midwife assured me that pre-term labour is usually accompanied by some change in the vagina- either fluid or my plug or whatever. She suggested a warm bath to ease them- which they did for about 15 min while I was in the bath, but started right up after. If you're worried, call your healthcare provider, but as long as they're BH you should be ok.<br>
Hope they ease up!<br>
A

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I had a ton of BH yesterday too. No pressure though. No pain. Just frequent tightenings. I had let myself get a little dehydrated though and rehydrating seemed to help.<br><br>
It is never nutty to call your MW if you're afraid of PTL though. It never hurts to make sure it is not and to ease your mind!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts