Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even have a babe yet, and I already have 4 wraps

2 were gifts:

Moby wrap
LP Maya ring sling

and I bought:

Storchenweige
Ellaroo Deluxe MT

All are still returnable (store credit only for the gift items)... do I keep them all or should I return some? If you say return, which items?

I don't feel like any of them are really redundant, but I do have doubts about whether I'll be able to figure out the Storch... it's just a whole lotta cloth for little ole me.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Oh, mama, you don't have 4 wraps! You have 4 completely different carriers:

1 mei tai
1 woven wrap
1 stretchy wrap
and 1 ring sling

Honestly, that's not excessive at all in my book. Different carriers have very different feels and uses. You should hold on to all of them, and try them all, before deciding to sell any of them. If you just don't get along with something, then you can sell it here on the Trading Post or at www.thebabywearer.com on the For Sale or Trade forum there and recoup a sizeable percentage of your costs.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Trust me, you will use all 4 of them

I have a wrap, a mei tai, a ring sling, a stretchy wrap, a framed back carrier and a baby bjorn. All have been used a huge amount and all (except the baby bjorn) are well loved. I use them for different scenarios. Right now the mei tai is fabulous for back carries and since dd is getting bigger and heavier, it is easier than constant hip carry of the ring sling. I use the wrap for long walks and when I want to snuggle dd in a front carry. Stretchy wrap was great when she was a newborn and dh loves taking her out in the framed back carry as it is manly and she can peek over his shoulder.

Not to mention, you can get ridiculously addicted and want to keep adding to your stash. thebabywearer is fantastic for selling, trading or buying. And there you will also see huge stashes (one poster had 50 Didys. And that isn't counting the other carriers she had
)

·
Registered
283 Posts
O just to add about the Storch. I have one too (a Leo rouge although I wanted an Ulli. Dh wanted the red *sigh*). There is a learning curve but the wrap is the most versatile carrier you can get. There are vast amounts of different ties and carries that you can do with just one wrap. It is also extremely comfortable and secure once you get the hang.

I suggest checking out a sling group (try the NINO website for local groups - http://www.nineinnineout.org/localgroups.htm ) as these are great ways to meet expert sling wearers (and new friends) who can help you come to grips with your wraps
Beware though, you will want most of the other slings you see there LOL.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh, I would keep every one, and then some. When I first started out, I had one ring sling (that was three babies ago!) Then I started making my own carriers, then I started selling my own... but the problem is that every time I finish a new one to sell, I decide that I have to have it- they really are addictive!

Not only are different styles of carriers helpful, but different fabrics are great for different seasons, activities, wearers, etc.

So yeah, I'd keep all four- that's a good basic stash!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.