Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it so interesting how much pressure is on the working mom.

I work full time, I try to keep my house clean and spend time with my kids, and enjoy my hobbies.

To accomplish all of this there is added pressure, and 9 times out of 10 the day is going to change and something is not going to happen or get done etc.

Anyone else feels like they are in a daily rat race?

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi I’m hearing you I’m also a working mum & I study part time. It’s tough you’re always looking after the needs of others and mostly feel unappreciated. Lots of things are expected of you from family school work. It’s a thankless job but we love it 😊

· Premium Member
7,713 Posts
It IS hard. I think it's important to prioritize and not worry so much about all the things that are not getting done. I do my best in every situation and try to let go of perfectionism.

One of my favorite quotes from the Flylady system (organization, house cleaning) is "housecleaning, done incorrectly, is still a blessing to your home." (or family) I learned that one of the reasons we don't get started with picking up or whatever is that we can't do the 'whole thing.' So we need to do just what we can; just a little bit and that can be ok!

· Registered
4 Posts
Yes 100%! It's so hard to keep nudging the ball up the hill. Remember that you're doing all that you can, and that is enough! Remember also to give yourself a little self-care time, and seek little beautiful moments throughout the days. That's what keeps me going ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.