Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about retracting a little or when the penis should fully retract. But is anyone's toddler fully retracting? At least I think ds is fully retracting. I swear, give that boy 2 mintues to run away while I get his underwear and he's got himself a full erection and it scares me to death that his foreskin is going to rip. The top of his penis is red when that happens and he says "ow" and will hit it to try to make it go away I guess.I mean he'll pull all his skin back to expose the tip and then it gets hard. He's 25m.<br>
I guess it's not completely retracted though since there seems to be a small piece of skin conected near the top, but still. Believe me I try to have his underwear out and ready to put on him if he has an accident, but that's not always happening. Is there a way to stop this? Or will toddler boys just be toddler boys, even if they are hurting them selves in the process? We tell him it's not nice to play with his penis, but try in a good way so he's not thinking it's a bad thing. I tell him it's to pee with and not play with.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
What he is doing is 100% ok it is what boys do and it is ment to happen to help the retraction process along. The glans of the normal intact penis is supposed to be a bright reddish/purple because it is a internal organ.<br><br>
From what you are saying about his saying oww it strikes me that it probably dosnt really hurt but feels different and he dosnt have a word for that feeling so oww works for him. If it hurt him badly he wouldnt do it.<br><br>
I wouldnt worry at all about his messing with it. Just make sure that any time he does retract it that the foreskin is pushed back over the glans fully before you put his clothes back on. Getting it caught behind the glans is a bad thing. It is rare for it to happen but it can so that is the only thing you should even worry about.<br><br>
The foreskin is made of the same skin as the penis and as we all know it is ment to grow and stretch so odds of it ripping are around zero unless it gets caught on something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts