Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the Rainbow Light Prenatal just once vitamins, a vit B complex, floradix, Rainbow Light Prenatal Good Mornings, and that's it. Anyway, I noticed today that my pee is always neon colored and has started smelling like the vitamins.
Am I taking too much? I see the midwife tomorrow so I guess I'll ask her then but I'm worried. I think they're really helping me have less morning sickness even though I still have alot of it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Actually, whenever I first get back on vitamins, there is a definite odor so I don't think it's all in your head.
I think it's probably your body just adjusting to processing whatever excess there may be. I've read that you can't really OD on vitamins if you're taking normal amounts, but do be careful of iron, because that can cause damage to you and the baby in high doses.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Actually, you *can* take too much of vitamins A, D, E and K. THose are fat soluble, and are stored in the body. All others are normally illiminated from your body within 24 hours. This is why it's important to take vitamin supps everyday.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
How can you still take vitamins?? I was taking the Rainbow Light prenatals until I noticed that I vomited every time I took them.
So I stopped. I'm drinking Emergen-C in the morning and, when I think of it, taking the kids' chewable vitamins (NOT Flintstones, the good ones from Whole Foods).

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think it might be a bit much, as the rainbow lights have quite a lot of b vites and Iron already. I have read (DR Sears?) that massive amounts of B6 may be damaging neurologically, even though they are water soluble. What did the midwife say.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She seemed OK with the amounts but I haven't taken the prenatal in a while now b/c it was making me seriously ill. I'm now on b-6 and unisom for m/s. I can at least keep food down now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts