Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that a 14m old baby could drink too much water and end up not hungry enough to nurse enough or eat? We just started regular and sippy cups with water since it's been so hot this summer, and I've noticed that Charlotte enjoys having water, and will even finish most of her sippy cup or drink half of a cup of water (about 4 -5 oz). I'm curious about this since she's a little lighter than her twin and I've noticed that she nurses a little less during the day (but she seems to make up for it during the night.)

any thoughts? I know water is good for us humans, but just want to make sure she's not getting filled up on water.

thanks!
susan

twin girls
charlotte + else

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yes, it is possible. My friend's son almost weaned from the breast around that age due to sippy cups full of water. She had been letting him carry one around all day, refilling it when it was emptied. She switched to only offering at meals or when he asked and insisting that the cup be drunk at the table. She also switched from sippy cups to "real" cups. He went went back to nursing regularly after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.