Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am 30 pounds overweight heading into this pregnancy and at just 6 weeks, I've already gained 4 pounds. I feel like a BLIMP. My rings are already tight. I'm worried I'm already retaining water, which is what I did with my first. I had so much water in my body that I lost 50 pounds in two weeks after delivery! At 6 weeks, I'm looking like 15 weeks. My belly is so bloated and so big! I'm amazed because I've been eating really healthy but I am hungry all the time. If I am retaining water, any suggestions? I'm drinking about 40 or so ounces a day and I'm pretty religious about that as I'm super thirsty. I can't say I'm craving anything salty in particular but I have been eating a lot of homemade soups that I am sure can account for a lot of salt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I am very fearful over heading way over 200 pounds with this pregnancy and being at risk for a whole host of complications. </p>

·
Registered
146 Posts
<p>I'm in the same boat. I'm 10 weeks and have gained 5 lbs (and look about 14-15 weeks). 3 of which have been in the last 2 weeks! I'm starting this pregnancy 30 lbs over my previous pregnancy weights too. I gained 70lbs with my first and 80 with my second. I'm hoping to only gain 25 with this one, but 5 already?! With the nausea and fatigue I haven't been able to exercise or eat well though ( a LOT of starches and white carbs) so I hoping once those symptoms subside I can eat better and work out more!</p>

·
Registered
140 Posts
<p>I didn't weigh myself before, and haven't weighed myself yet....but I am definitely bigger this time around.  I eat constantly just to stave off nausea and also because I feel ravenous about every hour.  This is my fourth and I am still nursing ds....so I think that contributes to my hunger.  But more than anything, I think size is due to having more than one child.  Our bodies are geared up and ready- they know what to do and their going for it! :)  </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts