Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i´ve decided not to take him anymore...background:

i separated, divorced and decided to come back home to mexico from spain, 6 weeks ago. i guess i thought going to school would be good for my 2.5yo. obviously it was a very bad idea.

cried way too much than ever in his life and i didn´t listen to my gut. for the first time since my son was born, i listened to my mother (who meant well!) and the teachers. i left him too long too soon. i feel worse than you can imagine.

but i´m glad i decided to NOT to take him today and wont take him back.
i´m now looking for activities to do with him. but i´m back in mexico and there´s not much.
anyway...hoping tot ake him to waldorf next year...and hoping to listen to my gut, my mother instinct no matter what anyone else says.
thanks

· Registered
338 Posts
Having your parents get divorced and then moving overseas away from your father is going to be traumatic for a 2-year-old. Adding pre-school on top of that may have been just too much for him. He will probably be much more prepared for it next year - assuming things have settled down in his life.

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the y hopefully will be sttled down by the time he´s 3...february. i´ll just have to visualize cuz i can´t work right now, cuz he´ll be with me...but i´m veeeeery happy i decided to keep him home!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.