Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe there is a thread about this but I couldn't find one. I seem to be losing tooth enamel quite rapidly. The bottoms of my two front and two bottom teeth are becoming increasingly transparent. The top two also have white blotches on them. I'm thinking a mineral deficiency. Anyone have advice or experience?

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's hard to say for sure if this is the same, but I just went to the dentist recently with the same concerns (exactly as you described...funny!). As for my bottom teeth (to me, it looked like those teeth were more transparent on the top half), they said it was nothing. Just the way my teeth are.<br>
And as for my top teeth, they said that I must grind my teeth a lot.<br><br>
Now, I don't know if my dentist really knows what he's talking about. LOL But it did at least set my mind at ease to know that there wasn't anything "wrong" with those teeth.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have very little enamel on the inside of my front teeth. For years, dentists seemed to be sure I was bulemic. (sp?) see, I can't even spell it! I can't imagine throwing up on purpose. anyway, they think its either genetic or b/c I used to eat lemons as a kid. (yeah, I know, I'm wierd). So about 10 yrs ago they were concerned and wanted to file them down to little nubs and put caps on them. I said no and I've never had a problem.<br><br>
good luck,<br>
julie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts