Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DD got her first teeth at 9 months, the two bottom middle teeth. She is almost 13 months old now and I just noticed that her 3 rd tooth is coming in, the upper left lateral incisor. Is it a big deal that she hasn't gotten the two center upper teeth yet? Will they eventually catch up?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I am no expert, but I am sure it isn't. DD got three teeth at the bottom before she started getting any on top. Then she got four on top in three weeks! Painful for both of us for a while there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The way it's "supposed" to go is: bottom two central incisors, top two central incisors, bottom two lateral incisors, top two lateral incisors, first year molars (bottom first), canines (bottom first), second year molars. I think what's probably going to happen with your child is that all four of the top teeth are going to come in together. The lateral one just broke through the gum first. As far as I know it's pretty rare to be missing those center top teeth, so I bet they will be here pretty soon!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, looking back at my Ds baby book it looks like his top four center teeth all came about the same time. It is funny, niether of my kiddos show any signs of teething (lucky I know), so after keeping track of the first few teeth my Ds got I stopped trying. I would just look in his mouth some days and there would be three or four new teeth. Hopefully my DD will be so lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts