Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, DD1 lost her first tooth today (while eating an apple, and the tooth is MIA). Grandma has told DD about the tooth fairy... anybody know what a tooth is worth these days? She just mentioned it was loose last week (she's 5.5) and I thought I would have more time!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Around here, the Tooth Fairy usually brings $5 for the first one and $1 for each one after. She takes them unless you leave a note that you want to keep them and, in the event that the tooth gets lost, the child's parents just write a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happened, because the Tooth Fairy is a very understanding fairy, you know.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieB View Post
$1 at our house, plus she leaves a note about how important it is to brush your teeth and not suck your thumb.
Wow, what a great idea!

I saw an Arthur video once that talked about losing teeth and it explained what the tooth fairy did with all the teeth. I'd never thought of why the tooth fairy would want the teeth before so that was interesting.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amydawnsmommy View Post
Wow, what a great idea!

I saw an Arthur video once that talked about losing teeth and it explained what the tooth fairy did with all the teeth. I'd never thought of why the tooth fairy would want the teeth before so that was interesting.
we told them that she uses the teeth to build her castle in fairy land

I love the note! I might do this - we have a very loose tooth here & a note mentioning how it might have been nicer had it been brushed more often would be a great idea...

oh and we give fifty cent pieces, $1 coins, or $2 bills. we have some new ones and some old ones... no rhyme or reason to which we pick to give.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
my son gets dollar bills folded origami-like in all sorts of odd shapes. he thinks there must be several fairies to accomplish this

We've done this, too, although my DS is completely unconvinced. He swears that it must be his grandparents (who live 1100 miles away) who leave the dollar bill folded. "Mimi sends them to you, and then you put them under the pillow, because there is no tooth fairy". He doesn't believe in Santa Claus, either, and never has.

DD, on the other hand, willingly goes along with the toothfairy, wanting to know what she does with all the teeth (saves them for all the babies about to get their new teeth).

The tooth fairy leaves $1 for each tooth, by the way. I think $5 is outrageous! I got $.25 when I was a child. I guess inflation affects everything, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.