Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10. My ******* neighbor put up his Christmas decorations (ALL of them... the 8ft, fan-inflated, brightly-lit singing Santa included!)
9. My previously potty-trained 2.5yrold totally reverted and has had oh, 10 accidents? The last one looked like a cow broke into our house and dropped patties from the office all the way down the hall (past one bathroom), through my room and into my bathroom! We'd JUST cleaned our carpets and my husband had JUST left for an overnight trip, Waaaaaaahhhhhh!
8. My oldest turned SIX and I worked myself into a tizzy about food, housecleaning and cake for his family birthday party, only to have my neices and nephews trash my home within seconds of arrival. (Will I EVER learn to clean AFTER the party?)
7. Because of aforementioned tizzy, I could barely walk for two days. (Baby is RIGHT on my sacrum, ouch!)
6. I thought I was in labor for the Beaver Moon but wasn't. (Was having diarrea and could feel extremely strong stretching in my cervix!)
5. I told my midwife I was in labor for the Beaver Moon and she said she'd meet me at the hospital.
4. Found out my midwife won't deliver me at home until late next week, despite the fact that she earlier said she would deliver me anytime at home. Though we have confusion on my dates, she ORIGINALLY said she felt an early baby is not a threat for me.
3. Credit card bill arrived with the $3,000 worth of car repairs we had to do to our vehicles that broke down simultaneously last month.

2. Hubby mused outloud about possibly delivering pizza over the holidays in order to paysome of that said credit card (and to have enough to finish paying our midwife), argh!
1. Ate hot wings last night (which I've had like five times in my whole life -- I had to have the fifth portion while pregnant???) and am awake at 4 a.m. with the most intense esophogeal squeeze known to pregnant women!

Other than that, everything is great!!!!

·
Registered
8,238 Posts

Yikes! Sucky week! The CC bill sounds awful! I hate car repairs!

So far the only really bad thing here is I have been puking again if I dont eat AS SOON as I stand up in the morning. Oh and today ds farted and had diarrhea all down his leg and it went all over the carpet. Yum. That was fun to clean up. GAG. Dh is being a total baby because Jevin only wants me (I think he knows a new baby is coming.) Well dh throws a big tizzy everytime ds screams "NO, MAMA DO IT!" It's like have two 3 year olds! LOL

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hmmm

I think having my job of 12yrs be eliminated due to budget cuts and them telling me 3days shy of 37wks preggo could rank right up there?? It technically happened last Thursday but I think it is leaking over into this week!

The upside is that.. I don't care if I'm late to work (not REALLY late...but I'm not killing myself) and I've cut a bunch of my stuff off of my "to do" list at work and am only going to finish the stuff for the people that I like
... closest to an evil grin I could find. I also have to take EIGHT vacation days in the next three weeks, so I'm not going to be there all that much!

I'm sorry your week has been so difficult. Hugs.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieMouse
Hmmm

The upside is that.. I don't care if I'm late to work (not REALLY late...but I'm not killing myself) and I've cut a bunch of my stuff off of my "to do" list at work and am only going to finish the stuff for the people that I like
... closest to an evil grin I could find. I also have to take EIGHT vacation days in the next three weeks, so I'm not going to be there all that much!

Good for you, Christine!!! I think that was sucky of them and I'm glad you are taking all your time off and not stressing to wrap things up.

I'm just grouchy and depressed and DH and I have been fighting....well, we got into a fight Monday night and I still haven't said more than 10 words to him. He really upset me. I've slept with Josie in her bed the past 2 nights. He was so mean to me, very out of character for him, except the past month or 2. I mean aren't they supposed to be understanding when you are THIS pregnant and emotional??

Anyway- thats my week thus far.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, i guess it's not great to be so negative, but I LOOOOVE this thread b/c I've had that kind of a week (and it's only Wednesday).

10. My blood pressure is up the past few days.
9. My DH is away and then his rail ticket for tonight got canceled so now he'll be away for another night.
8. Which I can't even tell my family about b/c they're getting frustrated that I'm all alone, so I feel compelled to defend DH even though I'm sort of frustrated with his job situation too.
7. My face is getting almost as puffy as the below-navel region.
6. On Monday, our landlord gave DH a one-month notice on this flat!!
: My EDD is the same as the date we are to be thrown out.
5. To which DH responded that he's "too proud to grovel and beg with this landlord, who is an old guy clearly trying to take advantage of our situation" and ...
4. "This is the whole problem with having kids."
: (as though kids are to blame for our landlord for being obnoxious)
3. I just got an email from my university saying that my email is being cut off, which makes me wonder...
2. Have I been thrown out of school? Did I screw up soemthing to make my email get cut off? And how do I fix that from here?
1. I have a cold and just found out that DH's friend for whom we cooked dinner last week b/c he was a little sick has turned out to have dengue fever (I know it's not contagious, but come on...that's too much).

So that's my week.

Please send good vibes that the fluid around baby A is better than it was last week b/c I want things to start looking up SOON!!

And that my recent paycheck clears, b/c I need to buy carseats ASAP.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
OMG Kiran! That sucks, especially about the having to move!! Are you going to move or do you think the landlord will work it out with your dh? Hang in there mama, sounds really stressful!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapscallions
10. My ******* neighbor put up his Christmas decorations (ALL of them... the 8ft, fan-inflated, brightly-lit singing Santa included!)

We have our Christmas Decorations up too (at Dh's insistance). They are not ALL out yet....just the lights on the house and bushes, a light up train, and 2 reindeer...and light up candy canes lining the driveway, BUT they will not be turned ON until the day after Thanksgiving. He wanted to get them up early, before the crappy weather begins and the baby is born. Good thing he did (he put them up last week when the weather was still nice)...we have our first day of snow today, it's 20 degrees and blustery.

So....just remember, some people put the decorations up early for good reason.

Other than that, I'm sorry that you've had such a crummy week.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think I only have one-- my DH wrecked the car yesterday morning before work, so I spent the morning comforting him enough so he could go in that morning (he was fine, just shaken up), then after he left, I didn't have anyone to comfort me! I cried most of the day, and couldn't call anyone because I would just cry on the phone, and i HATE that! Then, we had to ride in the tow truck for an hour and a half, just in time to get to the body shop 30 min. after they closed. THEN we had to go rent a car for $200 for a week-- which sucks, because we had just downgraded our AAA from Premium which would have covered a rental, because our car is so dependable, it won't ever break down! yeah, unless Dh drives it under a truck!!!

Because I always include the good with the bad I have to say: We did get into the rental place 10 minutes before they closed, so that we were able to get home last night!

And, our friends invited us to a "theater staff only" screening of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!!!!!! so we have already seen a movie noone will see until Friday!!!! I think we deserved that after such a crappy day! Baby liked it too-- he was wiggling the whole time.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Oooh! I've got one! Dh and I moved back to the US from Canada about a month ago...a LOT later than we'd anticipated. The visa process took FOREVER and we couldn't postpone the move because I would have been kicked out of canada at the end of December. He's not allowed to work here until his work permit comes through, and that could take up to 3 months.

So the bad news: I did a projected budget yesterday morning for us through the month of January. We need about $2500 not including rent to get us by. We have exactly $186 in the bank and $966 of credit left on my credit card. So I had to call my mom and ask her for another $1500 loan over the next 3 months, not including the 2 months rent she's already been so generous to offer to lend us. I feel really grateful to have family who's in a position to help us, but it REALLY sucks not being able to support ourselves right now and to keep asking my parents for money.

Despite the money pit of despair, I'm feeling super!

·
Registered
447 Posts
to those having such a rough week.

right now the worse thing is that the first snow of the season (that is a good thing in my book
) has been accompanied by teen tempratures and single digit wind chills. My 4 yr old is so excited to get out and play in the snow, only to be to cold to stay out. Then 10 min later she is asking to go out again.
Then after is dark and I finally got her in for good, she tells me she wants to move back to CA because there is no snow there!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aww rats guys, i feel terribly b/c my top 10 list was just silly [email protected] that makes you crazy only b/c it happens all at once and you're 36 wks pregnant to boot. my week was nothing compared to most of yours. big, big hugs to all!

birthjunkie, certainly didn't mean to tear into anyone about the christmas decorations -- bet yours look scenic and most beautiful with snow around them. it's been in the 80s here, so a bit less festive-feeling yet and it just makes me nervous when people get their stuff up b4 t'giving is over. (plus, it reminds me of all i have to to do b4 that holiday comes, yipes!!!) over-riding all, i'll bet yours is tasteful. let me count how many plywood reindeer of various shape, size and color are scattered about his yard and i'll get back to ya!

here's to better days ahead. though the heart burn has been hanging around, i for one had a MUCH better day today!!!! hoping to get free early-screening tickets to harry potter tomorrow, haha! (how was it emily??????)

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Let's see...

My week has been really crappy and pretty good all at the same time.

Our house is finally in escrow, but now we have to wait 10+ days for the buyers to lift their contingencies in order to feel certain (99% anyway) it will really sell in 25 days. We are moving into a rental somewhere. We don't know where yet, but somewhere, and hopefully it will be a nice, clean place without a jerk of a landlord. We might be moving to the coast closer to DH's work, and that's cool, but also very cold and foggy. So we lose our house and we dreamed of owning a house for years, only to go back to renting. However, we'll be completely debt-free with a cushion from the equity we built up from owning.
We really shouldn't put a security deposit on a place until the contingencies are lifted on the 25th (or so), but we have to move on the 1st of December. This is all so counter-intuitive for a preggo mom having nesting instincts and has me VERY crabby and on edge. I want to know where we'll be living and HATE this feeling of instability.

The buyers have come by several times without much notice and walk around like they own the place (which is good in a way), but it gets my hackles up. This is still my house till the money exchanges hands, darn it!

Viriditas, I know what you mean. My husband is Canadian and we did the whole Visa process. We also had to borrow money to get by until he could work, even though I was working at the time. Four years later and he's got a fantastic job and is the breadwinner, yea!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapscallions

birthjunkie, certainly didn't mean to tear into anyone about the christmas decorations -- bet yours look scenic and most beautiful with snow around them. it's been in the 80s here, so a bit less festive-feeling yet and it just makes me nervous when people get their stuff up b4 t'giving is over. (plus, it reminds me of all i have to to do b4 that holiday comes, yipes!!!) over-riding all, i'll bet yours is tasteful. let me count how many plywood reindeer of various shape, size and color are scattered about his yard and i'll get back to ya!

I could understand how annoying the decorations would be if it's still 80 outside. I was annoyed when Dh put ours up and it was in the 50's....not really annoyed, but more embarassed....you should have seen the looks on the faces of the people driving by. I wanted to put up a sign saying "WE'RE HAVING A BABY SOON AND NEED TO GET THIS DONE BEFORE THE SNOW FLIES!" Just so we wouldn't look so silly. And I do try to make it look tasteful at least.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Meg-- It was GREAT!!! I think they did a much better job with the plot this time (didn't notice so many gaping holes) and the scenery was so beautiful! I think it was 2 1/2 hours long. They started around 9:30pm, and we got out after midnight!

Good news-- Our car's blue book value is $13,000, and so far they have found $3,000 worth of damage. I don't think they will total it because they haven't found any structural damage yet, but even if they do, we will be able to pay off the car and have $2000 left for a down payment on a cheaper car!
. I am feeling much better today about everything!

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthira
We might be moving to the coast closer to DH's work, and that's cool, but also very cold and foggy.
Can I ask where? We lived in Daly City while I went to school in Berkeley and DH worked in Half Moon Bay. I grew up on the peninsula. I miss the area sooooooooooo much. The market is crazy out there, though. We would have loved to have stayed in someplace like Pacifica, but alas, no universities in the area wanted to hire an academic in such an obscure field.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
emily, great news about your car!!! woohoo!!!
viriditas, hang in there. we have been doing the money struggle for a few years now and somehow, i'm still at home with the kids and we're still making it! it ain't easy, but it just somehow happens, thank GOD! (now if this third one is a boy and we have to feed him as much food as his older brothers, LOOK OUT!!! people joke about girls being expensive and weddings to pay for, etc. ha!!!)

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I have definatly had a sucky week too.
My top 10 reasons why this week sucked.

10. I have severe crotch itchiness that is driving me insane

9. Baby has been inside my ribcage for the past week and I'm so sore.

8. Dh lost his debit card and we haven't been able to find it. Called to shut off his card and they accidentally shut off MINE instead.
:

7. I've been so tired lately and my 2 year old has NOT been tired.

6. The freakin newspaper has been calling 24/7 trying to get me to buy it. I keep telling them not to call and they obviously don't care.

5. Spent an hour going over the bills and became totally surpried and happy when we ended up with a lot of money left over. Decided it couldn't possibly be true so I kept going over it and still kept getting the same answer. Hours later after we'd already planned what to do with said *extra money, I find out where my mathamatical mistake was. We did not have extra. In fact, we were in the negative.
: Remember that lesson where they always told you to make sure you lined up your numbers before adding or subtracting? Ya.. it was for a reason.

4. These stupid cheap disposible diapers we got for dd SUCK. They don't keep in poop, they don't keep in pee. In fact, I'm not really sure WHAT the heck they are for..

3. ... did I mention my crotch really itches?

2. My iron pills I *have* to take have made me super constipated.

and the number 1 reason why this week really sucks....

1. I'm exhausted and have so much to do that I haven't done that its depressing. Heck, I don't even know how to get to the hospital I'm delivering at yet..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.